One thing I really love about the blogging community is that everyone is so supportive of each other. On that note, I’ve been nominated for a blogger recognition award by A Slice of Mexico blogger, Irene. Lovely Irene was born in Mexico and as a young woman moved all the way to Canada. Irene uses her blog to share her culinary experiences and her unique blend of traditions with her readers.
So here are the Rules for participating in the award:
1. Write a post to show your award
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog, let them know you have nominated them, and provide the link to the post you created.
I started this blog to document my family’s journey during our year of living sustainably. We are a small family with the central goal of feeding ourselves from our garden for twelve months. We’re trying to live an environmentally sustainable yet modern lifestyle on a severely limited budget. In my blog, I post weekly updates about our progress.
One of the interesting things about blogging for me, has been the opportunity to read about the amazing things that other people are doing in the world. That leads me to my three nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Simple Life Experiment Lisa is a minimalist and I totally recommend her blog for anyone who is interested in enjoying a simple life. Lisa is a wise young person who is happy to share her journey and her thoughts, honestly and courageously.
- Eye on Environment This is Laurie MacBride’s photo blog. Laurie’s photos capture and share the unique beauty of each flower, animal and landscape that she focuses her lens on.
- Watching the Daisies Brigid has experienced some life changing experiences that have allowed her to learn and to grow. In her blog she shares the knowledge and wisdom she has gained through her life’s journey. Brigid advises people to find ways slow down and appreciate life more fully.
Advice for new bloggers:
Firstly, work out the style of blog that suits you. There are many ways to write a blog so don’t limit yourself. Play around and see what works for you. For me, my posts have become an interesting record of my thoughts, much like keeping a diary. I enjoy looking back over them and seeing how my story is evolving.
Secondly, enjoy the process. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to share your thoughts and experiences with other people. Don’t stress about how many followers and visitors come to your site. Just enjoy the creative aspect of it and I promise that readers will find YOU!